Season Three is one of my favorite seasons of anything ever.  It’s going in my desert island box set list.  But there’s one episode in particular that had a really powerful effect on me.  I was going to write about it at the time, but I always think it’s kind of douchey to write about myself, so I put it off.  But I really want to express how much Dan Harmon’s work has meant to me, so here we go.  It was “Virtual Systems Analysis”, the episode about Abed and Annie in the Dreamatorium.  Abed essentially melts down when Annie tries to make him consider how other people feel, and he creates a hospital-school simulation.  (Remember that this is really just an empty room with electrical tape on the walls.)  Abed plays the parts of all the other characters, only there’s no Abed to be seen in the whole simulation.

Share Button

6 Responses to The Community Shake-Up — Thank You, Dan Harmon

1. Myndi says:

Thanks for being so honest and putting all that out there. And you know you’ll never be alone, partner!!!

2. mweinraub says:

Wow, What a great piece. I think your webmaster should make this article a front page piece.

3. Anne Price says:

Like.

4. […] Perform The Bachelorette: Emily – Episode 2 Dancing With The Stars Season 14–The Finals! The Community Shake-Up — Thank You, Dan Harmon TV Shows on TV – Schedule Beach (May 21-27) Robin Gibb, legendary Bee Gees singer, dies at 62 […]

5. Don says:

Somehow I missed this back in May. Wowza. Great article, my man.

6. […] spend a lot of time thinking about Community, and it’s not uncommon for me to overidentify with the characters (well, Abed).  This season has been such a delight for me with the return of Dan Harmon and the […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *